We came across this line somewhere in the sometimes very insightful internet (and geez, it makes us emotional when it’s put that way!). So it’s finally here! Summer holidays is all about spending quality time with the family and yes - we totally agree that traveling with kids comes with its own challenges. To help you out, we prepared a list of things you need to pack for the perfect beach holiday - an efficient checklist you can review just to make sure you’ve got it all covered and that you have less to worry about when you head to a holiday in the tropics and ultimately, to make this summer count.
The most important stuff to double check before heading out the door…
1. Passports, driving license, other forms of identification, documents (like birth certificates to prove your relation to your children if you don’t carry the same last name), visas, flight tickets, keys, medical insurance cards, extra passport sized photos.
*Pregnant women may be required to show a letter from your doctor that you are fit to travel, it’s worth checking the airline’s policies on how many weeks into the pregnancy they allow on board, usually it’s at 28 weeks, or if your bump is big early on.
2. Credit cards, cash in the currencies you will be needing (plus some extra that are widely accepted/ changed locally). Remember to call your bank before you travel to advise them of your movements so they don’t block your transactions, and to activate international cash withdrawals too, you don’t want bank issues getting in the way of your fun beach holiday!
3. Pens for filling out forms- we know it’s basic but don’t we always forget?
Long haul or short haul, pack these in your carry on, or the kids’ carry on if they’re big enough to make sure you have the smoothest flight possible…
1. A blanket, hoodie, cardigan or whatever item of clothing your child prefers to keep themselves warm when the cabin temperatures get cold. Travel pillows, ear plugs, sleep eye mask, and socks all dependent on how long your flight is and if you travel business/ economy. Comfort is key!
2. Entertainment - books, sketch pads, a journal to write about the upcoming holiday, pencils, crayons, activity books, stickers, games, small toys-keep them occupied! For music and screen time, you might want to bring headphones as some airlines do not have small ones for kids.
3. Snacks - for when you’re on the go and someone gets hungry or for when there are unexpected delays. Depending on how young your child is, packing feeding bottles, cutlery/ sippy cups, pacifiers (if your baby uses one), might be necessary too.
4. Hand sanitizers, tissues and wet wipes, a change of clothes - short/ long haul, it’s always smart to carry these on. A toiletry kit, if it’s a long haul. If travelling with a baby, you’ll need to pack diapers (one per hour) and rash cream.
5. Refillable water bottles for each and everyone, formula and water (if applicable).
6. Extra bag for shopping so you don’t have to use plastic - we prefer collapsible/ foldable ones, they don’t take much space and are lightweight.
7. First aid and medication - preparation is essential!
8. Phone/ tablet chargers and adaptors. And speaking of phones, DO plan ahead how you’re going to stay connected during the holiday, check overseas packages with your network provider as not all places have free wifi. Downloading apps ahead of time can also be useful - for example: travel guides, currency exchange apps, maps/navigation, food delivery and transportation apps specific to your destination.
9. For babies and smaller kids, a lightweight buggy or stroller, a sling, and breastfeeding necessities and nursing covers.
10. An extra outfit for you, for when diaper leaks or messy burps happen (like, always!).
Let the beach holidays begin! We tried to keep this short because we believe in travelling as light as possible so here are just a few more things that you must not forget to pack for your vacay:
1. Sun Protection - hats, sunglasses, sunblock, swimming costumes.
Looking for some swimsuit for yourself? Check out our selection here and we’ll help you get sorted for days of lounging around the pool or beach.
2. Check which of the following you may need to bring on your own depending on what your accommodation provides: baby life jackets, snorkelling gear for kids, buoyancy devices and beach toys.
3. Camera - we all have our own preferences when it comes to capturing memories, some bring cameras, some are fine with their phones but what we find useful when going to the beach for summer holidays are things you can use in/underwater: GoPro, underwater camera, or phone waterproof cases.
4. Vitamins, first aid and medication, allergy medications, mosquito repellents
5. A bag for wet clothes - could be the one mentioned above in “FOR THE FLIGHT”
6. The right footwear for your activities - reef shoes, flip flops, hiking or running shoes.
7. Stay fit during your vacay, pack some activewear for a run on the beach or a yoga session.
8. Portable crib, bath time necessities (baby bath tub, there are inflatable ones), car seats, again check with your accommodation to see which ones they can provide.
And that’s it! We recommend saving this link to your phone too so that you can just pull it up anytime you are going away, did we forget anything? Let us know in the comments!
We wish you safe travels and a whole lot of fun this summer!
Your baby is finally here, what a wonderful feeling! Life is busier than ever with your new baby, in fact at times you may feel exhausted. This is totally normal! Finding ways to incorporate and enjoy precious time with your new baby is a must.
You're expecting! How exciting!! With everything you'll want to do while waiting for your new bundle of joy, taking care of yourself should be number one on your list. Being pregnant comes with lots of changes. One of the more noticeable is a higher body temperature which can lead to difficulty regulating heat.
At Mayarya, we strive to provide the very best products made out of fabrics that have the qualities our savvy customers desire. So, why have we chosen to use VORTEX yarn for our products?
YOUR GUIDE TO FINDING THE RIGHT SIZE FOR YOUR CHANGING SHAPE
Unsure what size to buy? Mayarya offers an array of style solutions to suit your changing shape. From cleverly designed maternity friendly but not maternity only dresses with discreet nursing access to maternity pants with stretchy elasticated waistbands that can adjust to your post-partum shape too.
Find out what styles work for your stage of pregnancy and beyond!
How does Mayarya sizing work?
Mayarya follows international sizing standard. We take every effort to keep our sizing true and consistent and we want you to be able to wear the same size across all garment types in Mayarya. However, there will be occasional variations in the fit of some products depending on the style and fabric.
How does the size guide work?
The first step to determine which size to buy is by measuring your body size. Before you start measuring, remember to use non-stretchable tape and to keep the tape close to your body without depressing it. We aligned our products to the body measurements of the International Sizing Chart.
Please see our 'Mayarya Clothing Size Guide' below for more details:
Bottoms are one of the first items you realize your belly started growing! At Mayarya, we have under belly and over belly styles to accommodate your style and comfort needs.
Under Belly Pants, Treggings and Leggings
They sit below your growing bump and are particularly great during warmer seasons as it means less layers for your bump. A great solution for women with very sensitive skin as it does not cover your belly. Mayarya's under the belly pants look much like regular pants with stretchy, elasticized waistband so you can continue wearing them post-pregnancy too!
Over Belly Pants and Leggings
They are particularly great if you want some support around your belly. We choose breathable and stretchy fabric so it will not restrict the growth of your baby. You can fold them down during the early stage of pregnancy, roll up during 2nd and 3rd trimesters and roll/fold them down post-pregnancy.
DRESSES AND TOPS
Our dresses and tops are designed for both pregnant and non-pregnant women in mind so you can wear them seamlessly post-pregnancy.
You can select your size according to your pre-pregnancy size since our clothes are designed to fit from your first trimester to your third trimester.
Our smart design allows more room around your belly during pregnancy but falls down nicely on your body after pregnancy.
If you have gained more than the average pregnancy weight according to your doctor, you could go one size up from your pre-pregnancy size. If you are between two sizes, we recommend you pick the larger of two sizes.